Learning Support Assistant – Level 1 Temporary
Scale D (11 hours per week)
£4,482-£4,733 actual pa (£17,681-£18,672 FTE)
We are looking for an experienced part time Learning Support Assistant to support the education of a child who has social, emotional and learning needs. The pupil concerned is a Looked After child in Year 3. The contract will be temporary in the first instance, starting from February 25th (or earlier if possible), until at least the end of the summer term. The successful applicant will job share this post, alongside an experienced and supportive colleague already in place.
You will be supporting all aspects of the pupil’s development and learning, working closely with the class teacher to ensure that the needs of both the individual child, as well as other pupils in the class are met. You would be working under the guidance and support of our SENCO, following a programme linked to the child’s specific learning and behavioural needs.
We are looking for someone who has:
• Proven successful experience of working with pupils in the Primary age range
• A good understanding of how to support high need pupils, particularly in relation to social, emotional and mental health
• A good understanding of the KS1/2 Primary curriculum
• Good teamwork skills and is willing to share and develop ideas with the rest of the staff team
• The willingness to contribute to the whole school community in and out of the classroom
• A calm but firm disposition and a good sense of humour
Please state personal and professional strengths, as well as relevant skills and experience, in your application. We would consider job shares for this post.
In return we can offer:
- An attractive and stimulating school environment
- Colleagues who are supportive and work co-operatively
- Well behaved and enthusiastic children
- Supportive parents
- Good professional development opportunities.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
An enhanced DBS with a barred list check will be required and other procedures and checks will be followed as part of our safeguarding procedures. The school is an equal opportunities employer.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Further details can be obtained from the school by telephone or email.
Application forms can be downloaded below:
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment. Tel (01493) 750322. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 13 February
Interview date: 15 February
ACLE ST EDMUND C of E PRIMARY SCHOOL
Norwich NR13 3RQ