Breakfast club

Our breakfast club was set up to provide high quality childcare for our pupils, before school starts. Since then, the club has grown and developed, and has proved to be very popular with those families that use it.

The club is child-centred, inclusive and provides a stimulating social environment for children from Acle St Edmund Primary to start their school day. The club promotes healthy eating, providing breakfast for those whose parents have requested it, and our two club leaders run well organised activities and games for the children in their care.

This is what Alice had to say about her time at Breakfast Club. ‘My brother and I have enjoyed being at breakfast club and I will never forget being there. It is great for all ages and we play games, do art, go on the computers and of course eat! I will miss my strawberry jam and most of all Mrs Haynes and Mrs French. I make them laugh and cry (in a happy way!). The teachers come in every morning and smell the toast. I, Alice will remember everything that has happened and Charlie will miss the toy dinosaurs! I will also never forget our special breakfasts. Come to Breakfast Club!’, Alice Year 3.

The club is open to pupils at Acle Primary, from Reception to Year 6, and operates during term time only. Breakfast club runs from 7.45 am to the beginning of the school day. Parents can drop off their children at any time until 8.30 am. A light breakfast will be served to all children arriving before 8.30 am.

Reception and KS1 pupils will be taken to their classes by one of the staff members at the end of the session, whilst KS2 pupils will go on to the junior playground from 8.45, where they will be supervised until they line up to go into school.

The cost of each session is £4 (breakfast is included in this cost).  Sessions should be booked and paid for in advance on the half termly booking form, which can be picked up from the school office or accessed via the school’s website.

The club is registered with Ofsted under the school reference number 121024 for the purposes of Childcare Tax Credits.

More details of the breakfast club can be found here in the Breakfast & Owl club information pack 2020

Registration and booking forms are available here